mardi 29 septembre 2009

Friends, the screen adaptation ?


I’m not gonna repeat myself about the fact I’m such a huge fan of the mythic TV show Friends… (Well I’m still doing it, in case it’s not quite clear…).

I was EXTREMELY disappointed when the TV show stopped in 2004, after 10 years of good and loyal services (even more when I saw that the last season just counted less than 20 épisods ! What a daylight robbery !).

Anyway… I was regularly looking for some great news about an eventual rerun of the mythic TV show (hope gives you life !)… Well… nope !

But…

After many more and less crazy rumors, hope is rising again ! No the TV show won’t rerun, but there’ll be a movie project ! hoho !

Although the main actors always declare they never re-play their part in that show, James Michael Tyler, alias Gunther the barman of Central Perk, has just confirmed, in the opening of the famous coffee shop in Soho – London, that a project will come out and the Geller, Green, Bings, Tribiani and Buffay will be there too. « The only thing I can tell you, I’m in. There will be a movie and all the staff members of the TV Show of whom I’m still in contact are there too ! I really like this period when I was playing in that show and I can’t wait to work again with all the staff »*.

On top of that : the creators of Friends, Marta Kauffman et David Crane, agree too to write and produce the movie, which would come in 2011.

Isn’t it great ?

* Sorry for this horrible translation - it's a litteraly translation of french which is a translation of english (sounds ridiculous, doesn't it ?). I can't find the James M. Tyler's interview... So if you've got it, please just let me know by writting a comment in that blog ! Thanks !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

I'll be pleased to read you.
Thanks for leaving a comment !